Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thata Boy!



No, I'm NOT potting training, Brylie is! It happened once a couple of weeks ago. I heard Brylie screaming, not too unsual for her. She was in the bathroom so I thought Lawson was bothering her. He loves to help out by unrolling the toliet paper and flushing the potty. So when I came in ,to my surprise, I found him instead on the potty. Brylie was so proud of herself. She said, she was tried of him making his diapers so smelly. It was so priceless she had got a book and was reading to him. He didn't seem to get the idea of what he was suppose to do. So she turns on the water to help him out. I so died laughing when she did that. Nothing happened but he did love the attention we gave him.

These are pictures I took of him this week on the potty. Brylie is not giving up on him yet. I don't think he is ready by any means. Hey, it can't hurt if he is at least sitting on the thing right? I would love to be diaper free! I know it will be along time before that happens. I have heard boys are harder to potty train than girls? I love that Brylie is so set at least for now to help him use the "Big boy potty". So stay turn for updates.

17 comments:

Sara said...

So cute. Aren't you glad you had your camera. He's gonna hate you in a couple of years for that picture!
I'll be on the same road--potty training a boy.
You let me know how that goes!

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Sorry, technical difficulties. Darla, where do you guys live, and where did you meet your husband? I'm being nosey...

April Carrasco said...

Kole was so easy to potty train. He just wanted to do what Kyler was doing so maybe Lawson will be the same way. He started going potty the month he turned 2, so maybe Lawson will be soon!

April Carrasco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy Mama said...

That girl can do it all! That is so cute that he just got on the potty too~ I am with Sara, that picture may disappear someday so hide an extra copy for a special occasion!

realitymomma said...

your daughter is so beautiful and talented. she needs to come stay with me for a while. let's all be nosey and ask - where do you live, what do you do, and tell us about your hubby. that might be a post for all of us.

April Carrasco said...

Darla, you better do a post on Matt and how you met before I do my version of the story :)!!!

Darla said...

Ok, nosey ladies I will do a post soon to answer all those questions.

Sara said...

Well that's great! Where in Dallas do you live?

Procters said...

I love it!!! Where was she when I was potty training my kids?

Sarah said...

Woohoo! Go Lawson, go Brylie! She is such a great big sister! Yes, please do a post about Matt! I don't even know how you met my brother! I'm curious, too!

The Procter's said...

That is way to funny! He is to cute! See ya'll this weekend.

Allison R said...

Brylie has found her calling. Afterall, she potty trained Meg for me. She'll have him trained in no time.

Cheri said...

That's awesome. My youngest started potty training herself. Needless to say, 4 months later - still in diapers. But she at least is trying on her own!
Great to see you at Larissa's. Your children are beautiful - just like their mamma!

SS said...

Okay, I'll jump on the bandwagon...I want to know ALL about Matt, how you met, his blood type, mothers maiden name, etc.
Ryder likes the toilet, but he uses the other end. We have to be really careful that he doesn't stick his face in the water. The dogs drink out of there and he likes to do what they do!

Sarah said...

Love it! That Brylie is some big sister! I'm sorry she's not feeling well today--we missed her at school! : (