Well, today is the day Lawson wore big boy underwear all day and stayed dry. Way to go big boy! This week has also been very challenging. Lawson my sleeper has decided that he is too big for his crib. It was early Tuesday morning when he he crawled out and chipped his front tooth. I thought it might be a one time thing but no luck he did it over and over again. I don't think I slept much that night. Now he is in his toddler bed and sleep is not much better. He loves to get up and come to our room. I finally broke him of that habit. Now he just stands in the middle of his room and screams at the top of his lungs, " Mommy hold". It's not that sweet at 3:00 am. I hope to brake him of that habit soon.
Another funny story that happened this week is we were having toilet problems. Matt took apart the potty to find out why it would not flush right. Lawson had flushed a bathroom plastic cup down the potty. We kept asking the kids if they put anything in the potty that they shouldn't, Lawson kept saying, "car". We are hoping that is not true since we didn't find the car. I feeling this little boy is going to give me many more stories to write about.
Trying out the big boy bed
Lawson's new chipped front tooth
We are head over heels that Lawson is wearing big boy underwear!
Friday, September 5, 2008
I'm a Big Boy now!
Posted by Darla at 9:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yep, it sounds like you and I are in the same boat with these boys! To answer your question, we got the bed tent through www.bazoongi.com and it fits a standard twin size bed. Another thing we did is put a locking door knob on his door backwards so we could lock him in. It has worked wonders! ;) Good luck!
I am so proud of Lawson for wearing big boy underpants and staying dry all day! Woohoo, way to go Lawson! Bummer on the chipped front tooth... at least it will fall out in a few years! You could put one of those covers on his door knob so that he can't turn the knob and get out. He may play toys all night long, but at least you will get to sleep!:)
The sad news is we don't have the standard door knobs. We have the ones that any kid that can reach them can turn and get right out. I will try the lock thing and put it in on backwards to see if that works. Thanks ladies for the ideas. This mama needs sleep and soon!
Darla - do you have lever handles? I just saw safety door knobs for lever handles at Lowe's...I think it was Lowe's. Anyway, hope you're getting sleep soon.
Meg had a blast with the kiddos on Saturday morning.
Yayyyy Lawson! I know it feels good to be on this side of potty training...and while its a pain and a hassle that he's in a big boy bed on one level...he's on the right side of "independence!" Now if you can just get him to understand the whole timing of when to get in and out of bed...
that is great! love the head over heels caption.
Go Lawson! I understand about the bed situation- we are going through the same thing- every night I heare this little foot shuffle... so proud of the big boy undies- a huge deal!!! YAY Lawson!
Post a Comment