Saturday, September 20, 2008

Grandparents are GRAND!

My parents came down this week to spend the week with Miss Brylie and all us... since they would not be able to come for her party. They made her feel oh, so special this week. I am so glad they got to spend good quality time with the kids. The kids just ate it up and are still a little rotten after they left.

My parent got to do a lot with us this week. We went to the park ,they watched Brylie in dance class, went to Chuck E Cheese, shopped, ate out a lot at Brylie's faves, and had a Fancy Nancy party at school for Brylie.

It just so happened Brylie was learning letter "Bb" this week. So I told my mother and being the kindergarten teacher she is created this great school party plan. She and Brylie dressed up and read the book "Fancy Nancy- Bonjour Butterfly" and made butterflies with blow pops bodies and then had b-day cupcakes. We are still talking about that great day. Cute but sad I let Bry look at the pictures before I posted them and she just laughed and said, " We look fancy, my GawGaw and me." Then she said she could not look at them any more or she might cry because she is missing her GawGaw so much! Oh, the drama around here.

I also wanted to thank my grandmother because she is so GRAND! My Grambie made her oh, so good meatloaf just for me. I loved it! I just wished I could have shared it with you long with a good visit. Thanks again for thanking of me. I love you and miss you! I guess I am sad too and miss my Grambie. Maybe I might know where Miss Bry gets her drama from?





5 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog, hope you're able to find the teacher link helpful! BTW, your kiddos are adorable! Love the fancy nancy idea that your mom had for Brylie - so cute! BTW, I'm adding you to my blogroll & ps:you don't look like you've aged a bit since college!! Not fair! ;o) Hope you have a wonderful yr too!

April Carrasco said...

Oh how fun! What a great idea. I love that we have our kids birthdays a day a part. Happy Birthday Brylie! We miss you!

Sarah said...

The Fancy Nancy party was a great idea! Grandmothers are good like that!:) They did indeed look very fancy! I'm glad that everyone had a great visit!

The Brays said...

What a special post! I have such sweet memories with my grandmother. Brylie is so blessed.

realitymomma said...

how sweet and special. that is a great idea. she will remember that forever!