Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I just love summer!

Just practicing putting our face in the water and blowing bubbles. Who cares if it is in the dog's bowl?



He did this himself. I had to take a picture of this b/c it is the only time he couldn't run away from me. This also gave me a good shot of his new hair cut.

This summer like so many in its past is going by to fast. I have only 2 1/2 weeks left before I have to go back to work. It always makes me a little sad that I will not get to be around my kids 24/7 and then again a little glad. We all know by the end of summer we all need a little break from one another.

This week is going by fast too but I wanted to give some highlights of whats going on. Lawson now has his summer hair cut and is too cute. He loves to rub his head. The first day was so funny b/c he would point to his head and say "Daddy". Matt was the one to shave the poor little guys hair off. I think Lawson was a little upset with him for a while.

It was also the first week for Lawson to take swim lessons. He did so awesome the first day. But the second day he did not like it. They were to wear floats and float on their own. It is so crazy to me he has no problem going under water and swimming with me holding him but once you put the floats on to swim he will not have it. He would not stop screaming. We finally had to take them off and by then he was done with swimming lessons for the day. Hopefully today will be better.

Brylie is also taking swimming lessons and is doing a little sole swimming now. Here are some pictures of the kids this week.

Lawson swimming w/ mommy





Brylie swimming to the swim teacher

Lawson hating the noodle and floats






Floating on our back

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I love Lawson's new haircut! It is amazing how much he looks like Matt did when he was little! It looks like you guys are having a great time with swim lessons!

April Carrasco said...

Man alive! Your kids are getting too big! We better see each other again before we are 40! Sadly that is sooner than it use to be. Miss you!

Procters said...

Seeing these pictures make me miss ya'll more! Lawson is SO a little Matt Sandlin!
Love you much!

realitymomma said...

isn't that what dog bowls are for??? too much fun in the summer. love the pic in grocery basket.

Happy Mama said...

Lawson looks like a big boy with that cute cut! LOVE the swimming pics- you look like you are having more fun than they are! So sweet~ Glad you are enjoying your summer.

SS said...

Love the dog bowl picture; sounds just like something Ryder would do.