Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm back!

Ok, so I took a few weeks off from blogging. Please forgive me but I have just been living life and it's been a busy few weeks. The first week of August the kids and I flew to my parents. This would be the last chance before school starts to get out there. We had tons of fun playing in the pool and making snow cones. My kids so love going to my parents house. They think it is the best place on earth. (because they can do anything they want and not get into trouble for it) We had a great visit and it was so good to see my grandparents again. This time they really got to see and play with the kids more. I love that my kids get to know my grandparents. They are the greatest and I love the relationship they have with them. Moments like these are so priceless.

On the way back was a little more challenging. Lawson is potty training and so he likes to use the potty a lot. We all got on the plane and were doing great. We hear the call please leave your seat belts buckled and remain seated. My little brown eyed boy looked and me and said, "Mommy, Poop!" I knew he meant business but what can I do? I tried to explain we can't get up. Like that makes sence to a two year. Finally the sign to unbuckle your seat belts came on. We rushed to the tiny I mean tiny bathroom. I tried talking Brylie into not going with us to the bathroom. But that did not work. Maybe that's because earlier we had the talk about not being away from mommy or somebody might get her. So all three of us fit oh, so tightly in that tiny bathroom. I sat Brylie on the sink and Lawson on the potty.Since he was not allowed to go to the bathroom right away he did a little of his business in his pull up. Brylie was so grossed out and was caring on. I was trying to claim down Lawson because he was upset for going in his pull up or the fact Brylie was making fun of him, not sure which one? Finally we were done and we did all pile out from that tiny bathroom. It was a little embarrassing to see all the people who must of hear all the commotion.

Last week we met up with Tanya and the girls at the Waco Zoo. That zoo is the perfect size it only took about 2 hours to see everything. We had tons of fun playing with our cousins and can't wait to see them again. Then on Saturday was Papaw Mark's 89th birthday. It was so good to see the family and just enjoy each other and catch up on everyone life's. So now you see maybe why I been to busy to blog. Oh and one more thing my summer is over. I started back on Monday and I'm still a little sad there is no more summer left.


Click to play Aug 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

7 comments:

realitymomma said...

oh, that is a hoot. that seems to be the way it is. tell them stay by me and then ask to sit by themselves. get onto them when they mess up and then calm then when it is our fault. i hope you found peace when you arrived home, but time with your parents was probably worth more than you went through!

April Carrasco said...

Great pictures! I hope your semester starts off good. We will talk soon. Love ya!

The Procter's said...

We had so much fun too! We can't wait to get together again, it's all Sfrona talks about, that and how Lawson is HER boy! LOL See you soon! Love ya

Sarah said...

How funny! I feel Lawson's pain, I really do. I got caught on the runway for two hours, with the seatbelt light on the WHOLE time earlier in the summer. It is just not fair. It looks like ya'll had an awesome time at the zoo! I hope your school year is off to a great start!

SS said...

The joys of boys and pottytraining. I'm thinking about it, but you let me know how it goes first!!!

Larissa said...

I was laughing out loud at that story...I've been there! Not on a plane, but been there! And usually I ended up drenched in sweat from the commotion. I always get really hot when things like that happen. :)

Sara said...

In regards to your comment, about Brad and I looking young....What? As opposed to you looking old???? You look exactly the same, just as beautiful as always! Thanks for the compliment!