Last week Matt and I took the kids to the stock yards to see the famous cattle drive they have everyday. We decided to wear our boots and hats and be real cowboys and cowgirls. It was so funny because Lawson would not have any part of it. He would not wear his boots or his hat. He had the biggest fit, so he won and wore shorts and his favorite shoes, his crocs.
Brylie had outgrown her boots so on this trip we bought her new boots. She got leather pink boots. They are so cute on her. Lawson did get into the whole boots and hats once we got down there. While shopping for Brylie a pair of boots, he found some cute brown leather boots with big sparkle jewels on them. He kept trying to put them on and his daddy would not have it. So he would go up to people and say " hey ,hey shoe" and then sit down and point to his foot trying to put the boot on. Many nice people would stop to help until they saw daddy not having it.
We saw lots of cowboys and horses and longhorns that day. We ate at Riskeys and rode kiddie rides and did a lot of shopping. I can't wait to do this again with the kids. Next time we might try a museum or two.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
My lil Buckaroos!
Posted by Darla at 3:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
We love the stockyards. Looks like you had a great time.
Sparkly boots, eh? I love Brylie's new boots. Super cool! I'm glad you guys had fun. I love going to the Stockyards... Billy and I originally planned on getting married down there! Next time, I want Matt to ride the electric bull while you take pictures. Then post them so I can see them. :)
That is so funny b/c I tried to talk Matt into riding that electric bull. He is no fun, he would not even considerate it.
Too fun! I've been checking to see if you'd posted pictures from that day! I love them...the kiddos are so cute!
how fun! my daughter would be depressed she missed it! she had been frustrated about not wearing jeans and boots. she has already decided she wants to be a cowgirl for halloween - but only so she can wear boots and jeans.
Love the boots and jeans! Glad yall had fun.
Hi Darla,
Your kids are so cute! I wasn't sure if you saw my response to your question about the bows, and I figured this might be the best way to contact you. I have an example of a Dallas Cowboys bow on the site now if you're interested in taking a look. Thanks!
Nicole
Looks like a good time! Yeehaw! Love the stockyards...
Post a Comment