Lawson in his hospital gown
Lawson and his nurse before surgery
This is how Brylie feels about being sick!
Sorry for the long delay. Especially those of you who have been checking my blog to see how little Lawson's surgery went. It has just been one of those weeks. Actually the day of the surgery was the worst day. So let me just start off with the first of the week and get everyone caught up. Sunday I was at church working on VBS and came home, I noticed this huge blister on Lawson's thumb. I asked Matt about this blister and he didn't know how he got it? I found that very disturbing to say the least but went on with life. On Tuesday he went to school, they too were very curious about this mystery blister. Actually they just wanted to pop it or have me pop it. I would not! Lawson has those hands in this mouth all the time. Anyways on Wednesday I found out what that mystery blister was, it was hand, foot, and mouth disease. He broke out all over his face and hands and feet. I was so worried that this would prevent his surgery on Thursday morning. I called my doctor and found out that this is the last signs of the disease. If he didn't show any signs of being sick or run a fever, then they could do the surgery. I was so relieved. I then realized I myself was not feeling good. I was so cold and yet my head was on fire. I went to the school nurse after school to find out I was running fever. I called Matt to have him pick up the kids because this meant I could not be around Lawson. I again was so afraid he would get sick and not have the surgery. Matt was a wonderful Daddy and took the kids out for a night of fun with Daddy.
We got up early Thursday morning dropped Brylie off at Amber's @ 5:30 am. Lawson was over the hand, foot, and mouth disease and was not running fever.(Praise GOD!) I took some Advil and was feeling OK myself. Lawson was such the champ he did so good. He looked so cute in his little hospital gown. They lightly sedated him before he left me and he was so happy. It was cracking me up. He saw the beds on wheels and keep yelling "car, car". He too wanted to get in his "car" bed. So the nurse let him in he loved it. Then he was ready to go before they were ready for him. He now kept saying "Go, Go, bye mama" I was so glad he loved the bed and the nurse and was ready to go. If Lawson was upset and didn't wanting to go I would have be crying my eyes out. They did take out his adenoids and for lack of better terms more or less cleared his nasal passage so the poor little guy could breath. We got to go back in recovery room and I was waiting for the worst. I have heard so many people tell me how their little one cried and cried. Thank you God, because Lawson was not that way he just kept on sleeping I mean for hours afterwards. He were back there for over 2 hours.
During that time this is when things started turning bad. Matt got a phone call. (Matt has been worrying about his job for sometime b/c a huge % of people have been cut twice now since the new yr began. This third round just started a few weeks ago) Anyway the phone call was about him being in the hot seat now but this was just something heard through the grapevine. Of course this made us very worrisome. We just stopped there and prayed that God would take care of us. We are still not sure about Matt's job situation but right now he still has one.
Finally we get released and start going home. I'm again not feeling good and just want to go home to rest. While leaving the parking garage we get another phone call. Brylie had got sick at school and is running a fever. I guess whatever I have she now has? We are doing good today,still sick but much better. Lawson is still doing great and loves to eat. I guess he is feeling no pain. He also looks so much better today. The first day he looked like he had been in a fight. His little nose was so swollen and bloody. Please keep our family in your prays for the next couple of days so we can get out of this rough spot. I know God is good and has a plan for everything. I just felt a little overwhelm with everything yesterday.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Oh, what a week we have had!!!!!!!!
Posted by Darla at 9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hope all of you are doing better. That certainly sounds like quite a week...ugh.
What a week! I hope you're all feeling better. Sounds like Lawson was a champ for the surgery.
I hope you all get better soon! I'm glad he did so well!
Praying for a speedy recovery for you and the kids and praying for Matt's job situation. You know I love you guys!
well, i think you deserve to feel overwhelmed! wow...hope you all are feeling better and thanks to God for a successful surgery. we will be praying for you and all that is going on.
I hope you are all feeling better today. We love you all. We are praying...
I'm so glad that Lawson's doing well. I'm sorry that the rest of you have had the yuck though!! (I saw Matt for 2 seconds at school this morning and he said he was on his way to the Dr.) We're praying fervently about Matt's job and we're confident that regardless of how this turns out, he has something wonderful in store for you guys!
Wow- that is overwhelming to say the least! Praying for healing and peace for your precious family. God is at work for sure! Hang in there! That first pic of Lawson in his little gown is so sweet. He was brave! HUGS...
I have been praying everyday for your sweet family and Lawson's healing. Since Matt let today with Micah I and assuming you are all well. Let me know if you need anything!
Post a Comment