Well, life is not dull around here! Life has come at us so fast here lately. Lawson continues to do well with his recovery. It is so amazing he can now breath! (and not with his mouth open) His drooling problem is almost gone. He is still not use to breathing out of his nose, so sometimes he still is a mouth breather. ECI will be out every Wednesday in June to help build up his mouth muscles. Apparently his mouth muscles are very weak? (b/c he could only breath out of his mouth for such a long time) This also could be the reason for the delayed in speech? ECI will be working on building the muscles up so he can make the proper sounds to make words.
Brylie finally got over her sickness. She ran fever for days. She is so very sad that her school is out. She wants to play school everyday. She can't wait to go to VBS.She says VBS is like school and you get to play with your friends. This weekend is her Big dance recital. She is so pumped! She can't wait to get on stage and have all her family and friends watch her. She so loves attention! I will post pictures of that later.
I am finally over my sinus infection. I went in on that Saturday before memorial weekend to get a steroids shot and get put on antibiotics. This is also my last week of school so it been so crazy. I have to finish cleaning out my room tomorrow so I can move it to my new school on Friday. I am so excited about my new job. I still feel so clueless about it but excited for the change.
Poor Matty, he also got sick and I think he takes the prize. He was in bed for 3 days straight. He was sick all memorial day weekend. Finally on Tuesday he went in to the doctor. He had strep throat. He was so miserable and did not eat for days. He lose around 10 lbs. He left town on Wednesday for his big fishing trip to the gulf. He along with some other guys from church have gone for the last two years and have so much fun. I was so hoping he would feel well enough to have fun and leave the stress from work behind.
He got back on Sunday and they all had tons of fun! He had an interview with a company on Monday and that went well. Good thing too because on Tuesday he was laid off. The part that gets me going is that they did not bother telling him. He shows up like any other day and his codes would not let him in the system. He knew then what that could mean. But he had to wait until his RM meeting was out to find out what was going on. Then they just stated like it was no big deal he was let go(after almost 10 years with this company) They didn't ask for anything like his lap top, phone, etc... Matt just let them know everything was on his desk. They did not walk him out or anything.
The good thing about all this is he will have 4 weeks severance pay and his insurance will be carried over for the whole month of June. He is taking all this well. I think he is just relieved that this slow death of maybe having or not having a job is over. The stress is gone. He is enjoying his time off and is in good spirits! He did except the offer at another company and will start June 16? Not really sure on the date? God is so good and has provided us with job security. I also would love to thank all our friends and family who had and still are praying for us. You guys are so awesome! I think God heard all those prayers and helped us from the stress of losing a job and having one lined up for him to start. Thanks again prayers are so powerful!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Part 2 of Oh what a week it has been!!!
Posted by Darla at 9:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOW! You have had another busy week! I'm very sorry to hear about Matt, but happy he has already found something else.
Wow! What a rollercoaster of a week! I am glad that everyone is feeling better. When it rains, it pours at your house, huh?:) That stinks about Matt's job, but God ALWAYS provides for our needs... I am so glad he found another job quickly. Now everyone can sit back, relax, and enjoys some time together!
We love you all so much. God is good all the time. Now I'm praying for Matt (and you) to relax so you can enjoy some much needed family time before his job starts. Wish we could be at Brylie's recItal :) Post pictures soon!
Man! Crazy company, that I won't rudely mention the name of :)!!! I am so glad that he got another job and I know that there is a reason and plan and God has great things in store for y'all. I hope everyone is 100% soon so y'all can begin to enjoy your summer.
Its amazing to watch as God takes care of us. I'm so glad for Matt--I know that it wasn't easy getting laid off, but I'm so excited for his new job. I think that he'll really like the company (Jarrod's best friend worked for them for a few years after college and really enjoyed it!) Our God is so amazing!
Post a Comment