Monday, June 23, 2008

Family time/Vacation/VBS/Holly's wedding

So the title alone should tell you what we have been up to these last two weeks. With Matt having time off we made the most of it. We went to a Ranger game. This was Lawson's 1st and he loved it. Well, I must say he loved all the junk food we had that night. Lawson had his first taste of cotton candy. That was so funny, he was not so sure what to think.
He had





The first week in June we went on Vacation. We left out after Brylie's recital and went to stay with my Brother Wade and his family for a few nights. It was so good to have family time. The kids had so much fun swimming and playing with their cousins. Then we left from there and went to Carlsbad NM to see the cavern. Brylie thought that was so cool! She loved it and can't wait to go back again. From there we went to Ruidoso NM and stayed at the End of the Mountains Gods. That was a lot of fun and very relaxing. My parents meet us there so it was fun to have some time off with out kids. Matt and I did a little gambling and just enjoyed some time alone. We left Ruidoso and went up to Friona for a few days to see my grandparents. We had fun see family and taking it easy.












Then we came back to our crazy life. We had VBS all week and Holly's wedding. I also had Holly's bachelorette party and her rehearsal. So there were many late nights and crazy days. VBS turned out great and Holly wedding was so fun and she was so beautiful. I will have to post pictures of that later b/c Kristen is going to have to send me pictures. I total forgot to take my camera on the day of the wedding.

Matt started his new job and things seem to be going good. It has been so nice having Matt so close. He comes home for lunch and is home early from work each night. Thank you God for blessing us with financial support through Matt's new job and not making us be with out. I just praying for a easy transition into Matt's new job and for things to slow down and to not be so crazy around here anymore.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Ya'll have been busy! It looks like you guys had a great vacation! How fun! I am glad things are going smoothly with Matt's new job. We will have to get together sometime this summer!

Procters said...

We loved having y'all here! The pictures are great. We are still praying for Matt and his new job. Love you!

The Procter's said...

It sounds like ya'll had so much fun. We are hoping to get together sometime this summer with ya'll. Congrats on Matt's new job! Give us a call when you get unbusy! LOL
Love ya'll

Allison R said...

I love the pictures from the Ranger's game. Looks like ya'll had a great time. Meg is still talking about VBS. She wants to go every night now. It's so cute.

Let's definitely get together about Hawaiin Falls.

The Brays said...

Your family is so special to us! I am glad that you all had such a great vacation. Family time is always so important. God is so good and will continue to provide! Love ya'll!

Harmony said...

What a small world. We went to the Caverns on Tuesday and were in Ruidoso before that. I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation - we have.