Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Updates on Lawson


I took Lawson to the ENT about a week ago to have a hearing test to find out if he had any hearing loss. I have been very concerned with the delay in speech. His hearing test came back and ever thing is in normal range. The ENT specialist wants to do a procedure on him because he is only breathing out of him mouth. This is causing him to choke while eating and the non-stop drooling. They will put a scope down his nose and look to see if there is any blockage. If so they will clean it out while he is under. They are also going to be looking at his adenoids to make sure they look alright. If they are not looking good they will take them out. Lawson is having this done on May 22 in the morning. I am a little scared about the unknown so if you will keep Lawson in your prayers next week.

10 comments:

SS said...

I had all that done when I was his age and they removed my adenoids. I turned out okay; well I guess that's a matter of opinion to some people :) I'll certainly keep him in my prayers!

Sarah said...

We'll bethinking of you guys next week!!! I'm glad that the hearing test came back okay!

Procters said...

We are praying for our sweet boy!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Lawson will do well, but all procedures being put to sleep can be rather frightening. We will keep him in our prayers.
-Gena and Mark-

Darla said...

Thank you guys for all your thoughts and prayers.

Sarah said...

Praying that everything will go smoothly, and I am sure it will. Let me know if you need anything!

April Carrasco said...

Praying that God gives you peace and y'all have answers soon. Love ya!

Happy Mama said...

Praying for the little mister and for you all to get answers and solutions to what is going on. I'm glad you are in an area with lots of great doctors- we'll be praying for them too!

The Procter's said...

We're praying for little man! Give them hugs and kisses for us.

realitymomma said...

don't base anything on sue's outcome....her speech is normal, but for the rest?

we will be praying for him. kirk had speech problems, too. he is fine now except when he gets mad or excited he can't say his "r's" keep us posted. we will be praying for your peace as well.