I found it so funny today when I was reading my "Parents" magazine. The article was named 3 Things to Say if Your Kid Bites Another Kid. Well, those of you who know my Brylie. Know what a time we had with her when she was little. Yes, she was a little Jaws. My mother told me, it was only right because I too was a bitter. I ran into problems all the time at Brylie's school and Mc Donalds. Let's just say some mean mama's ran us out. They didn't have nice things to say about my child. To defend her on that account I found out later, their children had blockade Brylie up in the play area and would not let her down. Yes, she did bite but she would only bite if she felt like she was defending herself. Back to the funny article, here are their ideas to say when this happens.
#1 "We've been trying to get her to stop hitting. I guess it's working...sort of?"
#2 "Well,at least she's had all her shots"
#3 "I'm so sorry. He's teething"
I keep thinking if only I had this article back then I would have tried #2. Wow, I am sure they would then only had nice things to say to us and would have let us stay and play with them. LOL
I must later create a post about my "real kid". Brylie has taught me tons. She was and still is no easy kid to raise. But man, do I have great stories to share.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
3 Things to Say
Posted by Darla at 1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Brylie sounds a little 5 year old named Madi!!! And I was a really nice child growing up, so I really don't see that's it's fair that I have to pay for his raising!
We went through the biting thing briefly...no major incidents, thankfully! But you are right, they do provide such great stories for us to tell!
Of course I remember who you are Darla. How fun to run across you!! That is what makes the blog world so fun. Glad I found you, now if Annie is a biter I will know what to say. : ) You have a cute little family. Kids just add spunk to life!!
Ah yes, we had a couple of Cujo moments a few months back- always an adventure. She got out of that quickly after a kid bit her back on the nose and it turned black and blue for about a week. Daycare- so glad that is over. About adding the music- go to your dashboard and click on help. Type in how to add a playlist and it gives detailed instructions. You may be better at that than I am- I needed the for dummies instructions. :)
I love Miss Brylie! Oh, the many stories . . . . Kyler can't wait to see her.
Hey Darla, if you need help adding a play list, I can tell you...it's very easy. I promise if I can do it, so you can you!
Didn't you send Brylie to her first day of school or something with a shirt that said "Be Careful, I Bite". I thought that was very clever. Hey, you can't say she didn't come without a warning.
Yes, Aunt Reese you are right. Brylie did wear a shirt that said back off I bite, on the first day of Little Hearts.I thought it was only fair to warned all the mothers.
I can't believe kids cornered Brylie in a McDonald's Playland! She is so pretty and personable, why would they do such a thing?! I love the fact that she has a shirt that says "Back off, I bite"! By the way, I have a blog now. :)
Woo-hoo! You got the music playlist working!:)
"At least she's had her shots." That's hilarious and I will certainly use that someday. So far so good with the biting. Ryder likes to push people and then laugh when they fall down. Any comebacks for that?
Post a Comment