Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mommy's Lil Helper

Lawson's big smile


Oh, I love outside



Riding around in the yard


It seems here lately that Brylie is trying to take over my roll. She is pretty good at taking care of Lawson and is a great helper. Brylie from day one has been Lawson's second mommy. Now, she is only 2 1/2 yrs older but she thinks that makes her so much bigger than him. Last week, I was on the phone and to my surprise, Brylie hands me a dirty diaper she just changed. I was not excited at first thinking that there would be a huge mess to clean up. I found Lawson with a new diaper on and it was put on correctly. I took it off to see if she cleaned everything up. Well, I must say she did an awesome job. She was so proud of herself, she now loves to change his diapers when I let her.

Today Brylie and I got up and did our usual morning routine. I was in the bathroom getting ready and Brylie comes in saying that Lawson is awake. She usual does this and I go in, get him out of his crib and change him. To my surprise Lawson is following behind her. I ask her how did he get out? She told me she is a big girl now, so she got him out. For the record, this is the second time she has done this. First time was when he was three weeks old. Let me just say neither times made mommy very happy.

A few mintues later, I went to let the dog out. I came back in to find that Brylie has now made Lawson a bowl of cereal with milk and a sippy cup of juice. There was some mess to clean up but not too bad. Then at lunch today Brylie wanted carrots and ranch for her vegetables and I forgot. I went to answer the phone to find when I turned around she got herself carrots and Lawson cherry tomatoes. (since I don't like Lawson eating carrots because he always gets choked) She reported to me that they must eat vegetables to get big, strong, and hellfee (healthy) Wow, she is some helper and I thank God daily for her. She is also a get reminder. As we run out the door on days I work, she is my to do list. I must report to her about whether all those things are done so we can have a good day. She is so much like her daddy in that way and man I need someone behind me to keep me on my toes.

Now, about my little boy. Lawson is so full of life. He has the best facial expressions I have ever seen on a baby. His whole face is a part of whatever feeling he is feeling. He smiles take every part of his tiny face to show and his mad or sad faces are just the same. He loves to follow Brylie around and do what she is doing. So that might mean dressing up in princess costumes or playing babies. He loves to play kitchen. Maybe he will be a great cook like his daddy. We all know I am not the best but I still try.

Don't worry too much he does have his boy side. He loves to play outside and get in the dirt, mud, sand anything to make him smell like a little boy. He loves water and Brylie has now shown him how to blow bubbles. He took that talent with him when we went to our small group a couple of Sundays ago. We could not find him anywhere and then I heard this tiny laugh of joy. We found him in the bathroom and his head was soaking wet. He was sticking his head in the toilet and blowing bubbles. I must say I was a little disgusted and embarrassed to find him doing that. He is fine and I am sure that will not be the worst thing he does as he grows up. I Love my two crazy kids and the things they do to make my life as their mommy so remember able.

8 comments:

SS said...

Please send Brylie to my house. Does she charge an hourly rate, or should I just pay her a flat fee? Either way, it sounds like she's a big help. Love the bubbles in the toilet story. I can totally see that happening at my house!

realitymomma said...

be glad you have the nurturing helper child. mine just make comments: "mom, someone stinks." and they start acting like they are gagging. then come to find out, they are the ones passing gas! thanks for the smilebox idea. i had used them for something before but forgot about their wonderful creations. i have made several things!!!!!! maybe i shouldn't thank you?

Procters said...

Wow, you got it made girl. Bryson was a big help when Cason was little, but he never did diaper duty!

Larissa said...

Madi is just now wanting to change diapers...it is kind of nice though as long at they don't make the job harder on you! love the head in the toilet, that makes me feel better!

Happy Mama said...

How sweet! I need one of those reminders with me at all times! I love that first picture of Lawson and his big grin- that is too cute! I also notice details... and well, I love your chair and ottoman too! Sorry, I know I am supposed to be admiring the kids, but I love furniture!~

April Carrasco said...

Lawson is looking so big. I need to see him and his mom soon :)!!

my3texasboys said...

That is too funny about Lawson and blowing bubbles in the toilet. Sounds like something his Uncle Darran or Uncle Charlie would do doesn't it? LOL How sweet that you have such a nice helper. I didn't get so lucky with my boys. None of them are helpers, they are all mess makers and I am the one left to clean it up. Go figure.

Happy Mama said...

Hey! I love your new layout! Did you get it off of that site I told you about? It looks great and so do you! You look exactly the same-that's not fair! :)