My, my, do I have some stories for my Miss Bry's baby book. I have been telling friends the last few weeks these funny things Miss Bry has been doing and saying. Each time I tell these funnies, they always respond by saying Darla you got to write this stuff down. So here it goes. I am also going to title these stories. So when she get bigger I will just have to call out the name and she know what I talking about without retelling the story.
#1 Big Girl panties
Brylie has been blessed with her Daddies assets if you get my hint. She is always complaining about how things feel or fit on her little bottom. This day was by no means any different. She was not liking anything she put on and was getting a little dramatic about it all. I finally asked her what was so wrong. She tried as best as she could to explain how when she walked or moved that it would go up. Then she would pull it down and then it would happen again on the other side. This is exactly what she said," Mommy I just need panties that cover both sides that way I don't have to keep pulling. I am getting so tired of these panties! I think my panties were made for little girls and I am a big girl now." So this made me do some research and find out if these panties were her size. Bry was so right they were little girl panties 4T. So we headed to the store to buy new panties. We got there and I found some cute princess and littlest pet shop panties. I held them up and said," How about these cute big girl panties?" If looks could kill I would be dead. She said," MOM, little girls wear princess on their panties,I am a big girl now! She picked out some plain Jane ones and that what we got. I wish I could say no more issues with our bottom and how things fit on it but no luck. I am still wondering how she knows what big girls wear. I must also say I was so very sad she will not be wearing little girl panties they are so much cuter.
#2 The Lie
Last Tuesday was the kids Little Hearts Christmas program. I hurried home and Matt had started dinner. We ate and bath and were getting the kids dressed and hair done. That is when Brylie started on me about taking her doll with us to the program. I kept telling her she could not take the doll. I did not want to hold the doll the whole time and she could not take it with her. She would not give up on it. (30 minutes of hounding) Brylie got so upset she ran to her room and started crying. I had to get to the core of this issue to find out why she was so set on bring this baby doll. Here is how it when:
B: Mom I just need you to let me take my baby
M: Why?
B: I can't tell you Mommy
M: Why? You can tell me anything
B: Well, the truff (truth) is I (pause) I (pause) told my friends you just had a baby and you would be bring it tonight. So please just wrap my baby up and carry it around. Please! Please!
M: Brylie I can't believe you told your friends that!
B: Mom, I'm serious you need to bring my baby!
M: I am not bring your baby doll
B: You have to or my friends will think I am a liar!
M: Well, Bry you are a liar by telling your friends that story.
Several minutes later of fits and crying Brylie got up from her bed and when into the bathroom and put soap on her toothbrush and brushed out all the lies so she would not be a lair anymore.
Friday, December 19, 2008
This one is for the baby book
Posted by Darla at 7:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh my goodness!!! That is a hoot...the last one in paticular. I was rolling!!!
those are great! you are in trouble. i have to relate to the "bottom" and panty story. some of us are just built with round bottoms!
HILARIOUS! I love that first one! It is sad, Bry, sometimes even big girl panties don't fit your bottom... I know, you have the same genes I do. As for story #2, she comes by it honestly. Ahem, Papaw is quite the story teller. Good job on brushing all the lies out, though!
too too funny!!! I love that little girl!!!
Oh my! I am dying! That is so, so funny. Sweet Brylie!
Hi-I came over here from your sil Sarah's blog. I really enjoyed reading through your blog. The stories were pretty cute!!! I hope you will come over and visit me sometime soon and leave a comment if you do! Have a Merry Christmas!
So funny. I have a friend dealing with the same bottom issue. Their daughter is so extreme with it, she now hasto go to occupational therapy for it. Great stories!
Darla - you are so great at blogging - love all the stories (I look forward to these when Bella gets older!) BTW, your Christmas decorations were so cute & that's so nice that you had some help from the kiddos this year! Hope you have a Happy New Year!
These are classic! The Lie story reminds me of when Meg told one of our neighbors that I was having twins.
Quite an imagination! I'm glad that you're writing these things down, because they are priceless and I don't know about you but my memory gets worse everyday!
Post a Comment