Friday, December 7, 2007

Let the Holiday Season Begin

Last night was the kids Holiday program at Little Hearts. I just love watching kids on stage. This is when some kids really perform and not all the time with the planed program. It just keeps me laughing how many kids pick their noses or completely turn around backwards to not have to look at the audience.
Brylie did really well, this is so her. She has a captive audience and she got to sing and perform. Brylie was sad she could not perform all night with every group.
This was Lawson's very first year to perform. At this age I just kept praying he would not see me and not cry. He did so good. He sat up on the stage and never cried. He also did some of the hand motions and was so proud of himself, he clap for himself after each song.
The biggest surprise was Santa. He came at the end of the program. Brylie was so very excited to see him, so she could tell him what she wanted. We were waiting in line and Brylie asked me is that really Santa? I told her that it was him. She then told me NO he is not Santa because he has Mr. Richard's voice. Oh, she got me! I had to do some quick mommy thinking and explain how Mr. Richard was just Santa's helper for the night. I also told her that Santa was just too busy making toys for Christmas. Man, she is too smart and always catches those little things.

5 comments:

April Carrasco said...

Man, Marlee and Brylie really look alike in that picture. That is too cute! I love the holidays.

Procters said...

I was thinking the same thing as April...Marlee and Brylie look like they could be twins!!! I wish we could have been there to see them perform. Love you!

SS said...

Your babies are precious. Good save on the "Santa's helper". I've got a few years before we have to cross that bridge!

Larissa said...

Marlee does look like Brylie...I'm guessing yall are related?

Darla said...

Yes, the girls look a lot alike. They are only 6 days apart and all so act a lot alike but not related. They are just best friends and go to school and church together. It is kind of strange how much they do look alike.