Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas memories




Matt and I were talking about traditions and memories of Christmas growing up and then this memory came to us. It was Brylie's first Christmas,or should I say the first year she really got Santa. So that year I decided to start a tradition with her that she and I would make cookies. Making cookies with then a two year is sometimes hard work. Needless to say a great memory. Those cookies were to be Christmas stars. When we got done with them they sure didn't look much like stars. She decorated them and was so very proud of herself.

That night we got them ready for Santa. We talked about how we make cookies and now how we were going to leave them out with milk for Santa. Then Santa comes and leaves us presents. She loved the idea that he too would see her cookie and then give her presents. I guess we forgot to tell her that he would also eat the cookie.

The next morning we all got up early so we could see Brylie's reaction to what Santa brought her. She comes running in not to see what she got but to see her beautiful cookie she left for Santa gone. She was needless to say very heartbroken to find he ate her cookie. I have a few pictures to recap the event. The cookie making and decorating. Then the leaving the cookies out for Santa. The last one does not do it justice. I must have taken this one before the big fit. She just looks puzzled. Sorry ,I don't have the full pledge fit picture. Now we still have this tradition of making cookies for Santa but now Santa only takes one bite out of the cookie so she is still a happy little girl Christmas morning.

1 comments:

alljarmeg said...

I love the Christmas cookie tradition. Meg and I started it last year! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.