To say the least this has been a month for the Sandlin's. We started off with Brylie having strep. Then it moved to Lawson then Brylie having the flu. After that ended I decided I needed attention so I got the stomach bug and then a sinus infection. The sinus infection got so bad I could not eat. I finally took myself to the doctor for meds and a shot. We were all well and off antibiotic then last night happen. I went to pick up Brylie from school we were home maybe 10 mins. The kids were playing and I went to the bathroom. I hear a horrible cry. You know the one that you can tell that someone is really hurt. I run out to see both kids crying. I did a quick check and everyone seemed fine. I could tell by Lawson's cry he was hurt worst. I picked him up to find blood pouring out of his head. He and Brylie were playing with a spider man umbrella and some how he fell and hit his head on the fireplace. We rush to the ER only to wait for 2 hours before they stitched him up. They did wrap his head while we waited. He so looked like a WWII victim. He did very well and so did I. I was so scared I would be crying right beside him as he got 2 staples. We did so good and didn't cry much. They finally got us back and numb the spot and then did the staples. He really just lost his breath and cried a little until he heard that he would be getting a Popsicle. Then it was all worth it and he was so very happy. Ok so we only have a few more days of April to survive. So hopefully we can do it and just get by with out any major sickness or emergency.
Lawson waiting for his staples. Don't think he knows what he is waiting for, or he would not be smiling.
Waiting for the meds to numb his head. Apparently it made him do this gangster pose?
Law's staples
Priceless
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Surviving April
Posted by Darla at 6:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thank goodness April is almost over ;) Glad to hear that the popsicle made him all better!
Oh my goodness! You guys have had a rough month! At least he came through the ordeal with a smile on his face, poor little guy. Praying that May will be better!
Wow. I believe you deserve an award! You know what's better than a trophy...a massage! Hang in there girl!
Post a Comment