Monday, June 15, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Today was the first day of swim lesson. Both kids have taken swim lesson before but this way Lawson's 1st with out me. I was a little bit nervous about him and how he would do. I knew once he got in he would be fine because he loves the water. I must say he truly surprised me today.

They told us where each child's class was in the pool and I introduce the kid's to their teachers. Brylie was awesome and was swimming to the most part by herself. It helps when the swim lessons are in the swallow part of the pool about 3 to 4ft deep. I notice she would stop when she got tired and touch the bottom to catch her breath.

Now on to Lawson his class was in the kiddie pool. They were to sit on the side and kick their feet. The kid's got a little toy from the teacher to play with as she worked with each child. For the most part none of the children wanted to get wet much less in the pool. Lawson loved it! He just was not clear that he was in a swim class. He thought is was swim and play time. He would not wait on the teacher, he would throw his toy across the pool and jump in to get the toy. After about 5 times of this his teacher took him out of his class and put him in a older class.

In the older class he did better at first but then he was back to his old ways. As soon as his swim teacher was near he would jump in and swim. To bad she was not ready for him and she was working with another student. I just hope tomorrow it will be better and he learns to wait his turn.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Swim lessons were always one of my favorite summer activities when I was little. I hope the kids have a blast! Ya'll have fun on your trip this week!

Anonymous said...

We start our swimming lessons on Monday. I hope ours go well, but have a feeling there will be some drama involved. There's just not one easy thing when Branson is involved! :)