Today I took Lawson in for his 3year old well check. He is in the 80% in height and 30% in weight. He is 38 3/4 inches tall and is 29 pounds. His weight might be a little off b/c he would not stand on the scale. Apparently that is scary to stand on the scale? He also started his first day of speech at his new school. We graduated from ECI last Friday b/c we are now 3 years old. Lawson did very well with the transition of his new school. He will be going twice a week for 30 mins. This summer he and I will be working on language and he will be picked back up in September. I have a few stories about my little guy to share.
Popsicle story
Last week I was doing laundry and cleaning house,it was around 9:00 am in the morning, and Lawson kept asking for a Popsicle. I kept telling him no. I was cleaning up the morning dishes and opened the pantry. To my surprise I found my little guy in the dark pantry eating a Popsicle. I screamed, Lawson looked up at me, with his big brown eyes and said,"I(Hi) Mama." I told him ,"Mommy said,No Popsicle." Still eating, Lawson said," oh, R E(Sorry) Mama." I just laughed b/c I knew he out smarted me this time. I still questioning how he got the Popsicle and and how he opened it. Man, he growing up too fast!
Wet towel story #1
A few weeks back we were at our small group on Sunday night. All the kids were playing in the house as the parents had their lesson. I saw that the older boys(4yrs)
were laughing and kept going to the half bath. I heard Lawson at that time laughing. I went running to the half bath to find my son with another little boy. The boys were putting the towel in the toilet and drinking the water out of the towel. The floor was wet and so were the boys. What is it that my son loves our small group toilets? I guess I need to chalk that one up as a boy thing.
Wet towel story #2
The same day as the Popsicle story this also happened. I have been working very hard to teach Lawson good hygiene. I have been washing his hands after he goes to the bathroom. This day he was bucking me on this one. I washed his hands and he was throwing his fit. He was still having a fit when I left him in the bathroom. Later I came back to the bathroom to fix Brylie's hair for church. I opened the cabinet to find a wet towel wadded up. I called both kids in to find out who did this and Lawson raising his hand, yelling out,"it me". He was so proud of himself. I guess that when I left him in the bathroom to dry his hands he turned back on the water and soaked the towel? (did hear the water going, but who really know how the towel got wet) He then didn't know what to do with the wet towel, so why not hide it. Now that I knew who did this I was getting on to him. Brylie was standing there listening and trying not to laugh. Lawson cut his eyes to her and said," unny uh
(funny huh)?" It such a joy to be Lawson's mommy.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
My little Big guy
Posted by Darla at 4:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a character! I love hearing all your stories about him!
He is so adorable! He is getting to be such a big boy! I hope he had a great birthday!
Such a precious...precious...precious little boy! I love it!
By the way, I am blogging again. My blog address is still the same, so you don't have to change your sidebar link. You don't have to publish this comment, I just wanted to let you know!
Happy Belated 3rd Birthday Lawson!!! Oh the joys of being a Mommy of a 3 year old boy....so fun and yet I'm pretty sure mine are the reason have to get highlights. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment