Yesterday Brylie and Lawson and I went to meet up with some friends at the park to have a picnic and to play. We really love the new park and have tons of fun playing. We ate our lunch and then went on a little nature walk on one of the little trails. Then after the walk we let the kids play on the playground. On the big kid playground there is a rock wall about as high as me. We were standing behind the kids as they climb up the wall. It was Brylie's turn to climb up the wall and she had done the wall before. So I watch her go all the way up the wall. At the top I felt good about her and turn to talk to one of the moms. Just then Brylie got scared and let go and fell to the ground landing on a little girl.(It just so happened to be the mom I look away to talk to's kid) Have in mind now I really don't know the mom all that well. We see each other around town and have some of the same friends. I just found out today that the poor little girl's ankle is broken and is in a boot. I feel so bad for her and feel like I should do something for them. Any ideas????
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Only you Darla! I cannot believe the fall broke her ankle. That is crazy! Cookie basket with little girl things? Balloons delivered to her house? A signature on her cast, I don't know ?!?
Thanks for those ideas. I just sent her a get well card that Brylie wrote in with stickers. I also put a picture I took of Alexis and her mom at the girls' tea party in there. I guess I need to step it up.
Call the mom in a few days and ask how the little one is doing. I know it might be hard to talk to some one after that has happened, but communication is a good thing.
You are an awesome person.
Holy cow Darla! I can't believe that happened. I would definitely follow up with a phone call and see if there is anything you can bring her?
Thanks so much for the Halloween costumes and those great name things. I don't know what you call them. They are awesome. I hope I can slow down this weekend and call you. Lova ya TB!
Post a Comment