Ok,ok, I am only a few days behind in posting this one. I have just been a mess these last few days. I have had a very hard time letting go. This is so crazy to me because it not like she has been home this whole time with me. Brylie has been to school but this was so different. I mean I went back to work when she was 6 weeks old and she been in Mother's Day out since she was 11 months. The sad thing is that I was so ready this summer and I knew she was so ready and would love school.
When we went to meet the teacher my world went crashing down. I did not get a good first impression of her teacher. Her room was very bare and boring for a kindergarten room. There were no centers and no bright visuals and nothing really on the walls. It was not very inviting and it made me so sad. We then met the teacher and she was nice but you could tell very strict. I was sad that this would be my child's first experience of school and thought she might not love school anymore.
So far Brylie has loved going to school and meeting new friends, which still don't have names except for two little girls. Well, their names are Riley so that was easy for her to remember. Things she most about school so far: that she has a nurse at her school and that she gets to eat in the cafeteria. She loves that she gets to go to paint class (ART) and stretch and grow (P.E.) and she loves her music class. So far she has got green for her behavior everyday and a positive note on her first day. Needless to say God has surrounded her with all she needs and is taking care of my little girl. So I guess I need to stop worrying and start thanking God for what he has done for me. Yet, another hard life lesson for me to learn. When will I be too old to learn?
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
1st Day of School
Posted by Darla at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad she is loving it so far!! I know it has got to be hard! I am dreading that day & my little one isn't even here yet!! Ha!
Sounds like kindergarten has gotten off to a great start!
I have been waiting for this post....thank you! Brylie looks great. I know she will have a fantastic year. She is so friendly and smart. This will get her very far in life! This seems to be wehere it all begins!
I am glad that Miss B is lovin' Kindergarten. She has such an outgoing personality and I knew she would do well. So is the classroom still bare and plain? That is strange, especially for a Kindergarten classroom.
Post a Comment